I havent written about it yet but last week, i had a massive life-changing revelation of the cross, and it continues daily! I am stuck in Galations and in Romans 6. Galations 2v20, 'I have been crucified with Christ and i no longer live but Christ lives in me!' 5v1 says, 'it is for freedom that Christ has set us free - stand firm then, and do not let yoursleves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery!' I have realised the freedom that i have in Christ!! I do not have to be burdened by my sin.
Oh yeah and Colossians 2v12, 'having been buried with him in baptism and raised with him through your faith in the power of God who raised him from the dead'. Wow. Our flesh is dead.. our sin..ALL of sin is dead! It has been buried by the blood of Jesus, and now he has raised us in his resurrection! We ARE a new creation! Man o man. This revelation is changing my life; by the knowledge of the freedom that i can live in. Nothing, nothing, can hold Jesus back. God sent Jesus from heaven to become one of us, to suffer for OUR sin, to save us. wow. man, that revelation should never grow cold, and should never be stale to read or know. Praise Jesus. Thank you Jesus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It is amazing how points of view can change and alter with location. You said you make it sound 'perfect' there, but here 'perfect' is all about our own comfort and pleasure, so it doesn't sound 'perfect' to me.:-) There 'perfect' seems to be more about peace. The Peace that flows from relying on God. I am praying for your continued safety and for quick healing for the young pastor. My daily woes seems to trivial in the light of your blogs and it helps us all to focus on what is truly important. Thank you for your words. Missing you still!!! Tim, Amy, Sarah, Hanna, Rebekah and a now 4yr old Jacob! xxooxxoo
I've just read back through your other blog entries - encouraging stuff. People there seem to really want to know God because they have nothing else! It's sooo different over here with trying to tell someone about Jesus because we have so MUCH stuff we don't need to rely on God. Turn on a tap and the water company provides and we know it will always be there. We rely on companies and ourselves and forget about the one who truly provides! And then someone talks about Jesus or God and the reaction is complacency, sometimes even in Christians.
It's great reading your experiences and sharing your enthusiasm. God bless!
Rob A
Post a Comment