16th August 2007
Dear everyone,
Thank you all so much for all your prayers and emails – they mean so much to me I cant explain! Its so encouraging to hear from you. Congo trip is fully going ahead – all flights booked now, after much fight from the enemy – but of course God is bigger! Haha. I’m so excited. Its so quiet here on the base now – all the pastors have finished their school, and all of the holy given students, except me and 3 others have gone! It was very sad to say goodbye to everyone – I cried SO much! Patty I miss you I love you! I cant believe you are not here anymore. (Have bonded with Jacinto - can you believe it! haha. he is waiting for me at the gate of the hotel.. i am using internet here)
But its really nice in a way because now I have lots of time to spend with just Jesus. It’s very peaceful – which anyone who has been to Iris will know, is very unusual.. its usually so busy, full of missionaries, students, Iris children, village children, pastors..
Anyway, today I had the opportunity to go to Miassy, a new Iris base not far away. It’s a new model of a base, and is what Iris is hoping to do more now in the future. Well, its not really a base – it is a village that Iris has sort of taken under its wing, and a small team go there a couple of times a week to encourage, help with food and do medical care etc, and just to love on the kids. The main aim is to build up and support the actual Mozambicans with skills etc. so that it is sustainable – supporting the locals to lead, and giving them actual practical ways to break the cycle of poverty, rather than just helping with short-term problems. So they are training them in different things, such as growing food, chicken farms, medically, discipleship, giving money towards children to go to school etc. Its so great to see what has happened in the village. In the past 16 months, where children were apparently severely malnourished, ALL had scabies, ALL with worms, the children look so healthy, with very little signs of scabies and bloated bellies. The church has grown massively where it is just as packed outside the church as in, and where people are so hungry for Jesus. There really is so much peace in the village, and the children are just so gentle and loving. The village is a real sign of God’s kingdom coming in Mozambique!
This is probably the last time I will update before I go to the Congo, so here are some prayer requests:
• I would become more intimate with Jesus, that I would fall more and more in love with him and that I would lead others to loving Jesus.
• That God would use us for his glory in all things; that we would be a blessing and be blessed. Signs and wonders – for God’s glory to be shown! I have a real heart to see blind eyes opening!
• Protection, safety, favour with visas, flights would all be ok
• Funds – that God would provide everything we need
• FUN!
• Unity within the team
• That God would use this time to reveal more about my future and direction in ministry
Wow – I just read an email from Chris and he said, ‘Jesus loves you so much that you would be overwhelmed if you knew the extent of it’. WOW! I am so overwhelmed by his love. Imagine knowing more of His love, and then more! We will never get to the end of his love for us. It is more than anything! Everything is about Him and his unfathamable love for us. I have been so overwhelmed by his love recently that all I have been able to pray is about his love.
Im so excited for you cornwollians and Trinitarians coming to cornwall for the mission! I am praying. Its so exciting. Bless you guys. Hannah – you’re amazing. Im excited for you to get to know my Trinitarian friends, and vice versa. I have heard lots of good things about new wine too – that’s so cool. Am glad you all had a great time. Am coming home to England on the 3rd of September.. man its going to be strange… I cant wait to see you all again though!
xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Heather,
You are the best!! I will be praying for you. I am telling everyone of this wonderful English friend I've met. I miss you a whole lot. Wish you were here.
SHABA,
Patty
Post a Comment