Hi everyone
We made it! Am safely in Nairobi now. We arrived back from the Congo yesterday, after staying a night in Rwanda (in the actual hotel based from the film, ‘hotel rwanda’… very strange). Man. The trip was absolutely off the scale. Thank you all so much for praying – it was so important to be covered by my brothers and sisters around the world! It was a tough trip, but God is so much bigger and his glory came! I hand wrote some blogs, and have started to write them up. Here are the first few.. i have so much to write about, but will probably do the rest when i get home. Here is a taster of this part of the world..
23rd August.
We arrive in Rwanda. I can notice the tension already – with all the army men with their big ak47s. They wont even let me walk to some areas outside, and are all very on edge. Rolland points out that right now we are actually in the middle of the worst massacre of African history, which happened just over 10 years ago in 1994.
I am now writing this from the ‘hotel rwanda’, although its not actually called that. This was the hotel that was a refuge for many people during the massacre in 1994, with the fighting that happened. I dread to think what has even happened in this very room I am staying in!
24th August
We finally arrive in Congo! The drive from Rwanda was so beautiful. We drove for hours along amazingly windy roads, amongst the mountains. I cant wait to show you photos. Its breathtaking. As soon as we got to the border, you could immediately feel the difference! The roads are so unimaginably awful – we havent been along 10 metres of paved road at all. As soon as we got across the border, the church we were visiting were waiting for us and were dancing and singing, and playing the newspaper-horns so beautifully! Apparently they had been waiting all day. They had been fasting and praying for us to come for such a long time. It is so humbling to receive their welcome. I saw one man cry as he welcomed Darryl. I am truly humbled. The heart’s cry for more of Jesus is so deep. They are desperate for Jesus. I was so overcome by Jesus’ love and the passion of these people of Jesus. I weeped and weeped! They are so blessed with his presence, which was so strong in that place. There were people singing and dancing with all their hearts, children, some as young as 3 kneeling in awe of God, people falling under the power of God.
Love you all, see you so soon! xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment